item6
profile
logo

Hello! I'm Beth, thanks so much for visiting my blog! I'm an Oklahoma City based photographer. I use only available light, shoot on-location, and 90% of my work is with kids! I love that my JOB is to make art and make friends. My sole purpose is for my images to say, 'WOW'. Life will be different tomorrow so make sure and remember today :) Best ~B

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Time Flies

WOW! I've neglected my blog and not b/c i haven't been shooting, b/c i've been SO busy shooting I don't want to take time away from proofing to post updates. In the past month we've been out of town twice and have done a RECORD number of shoots. Just to give you a bit of perspective in to the life of a gallery, shoots take about 2 hours, from leaving my house to getting back home and proofing a gallery takes 4-6 hours (depending on the size of the family). So one shoot is a full day's work for me. This is why I like to keep my shoots to a minimum so I can spend proper time on all of my galleries (although my 'minimum' now is reaching it's maximum :). Beyond shooting and proofing of course is the ordering and socializing i do with my clients - seriously one of my favorite parts of this gig. I get told all the time what a great job i have and i whole-heartedly agree. I am 100% extrovert, so to be able to wake up every day meet new people and chit-chat about life makes me a happy person - and then of course I get to make art. I really do have the best job. Thank you for being my clients and allowing my social nature to invade your homes :)

So what else is new? My employee Catherine has really made life easier for me...which is why i'm able to do more shooting and less business. Love it. I'm also headed BACK to DC for shooting this THURSDAY-SUNDAY (june 12-15). If you know someone wanting a shoot in one kick-a** city lemme know! And TRUE to Beth Jansen form, I have found the house of my dreams, unfortunately it still remains a dream until this darn house sells or leases - so if you know anyone looking for a hip home in Edmond send them my way! You guys will LOVE the new house, it has everything i need for a new studio space. I already have the big THANK YOU party I'm throwing ONCE we move in planned (i'm really trying HARD to be optimistic in such a horrible real estate market). Time will tell. OK, here a handful of recent clients and this is truly just a handful, just grabbed a few to prove that I've been making my way around town :) Hope everyone is enjoying their summers, what about the TANS these kids have already?! WOW!

PS - YES WE CAN, BO :)!!!



















1 comment:

Summer said...

amazing! wow! i am just in awe....i wish you lived here so i could hire you out :(

Blog Archive

site design: www.brianmedia.net

profile